Knowsley Knowledge is a website that is operated by Knowsley Council. This privacy notice sets out how will explain how the Council uses the personal data we collect from you when you use the Knowsley Knowledge website.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- the information you supply to us when you complete any forms on our website;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to any of our email alerts;
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used; and
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use Knowsley Knowledge. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on Knowsley Knowledge;
- how long you spend on each Knowsley Knowledge page;
- how you got to the site; and
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address). We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Why do we collect or use your information?
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site and to help us to:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users; and
- make improvements
We also collect data in order to:
- provide you with information and / or services that you request from us;
- gather feedback to improve the website;
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to;
- send email alerts to users who request them; and
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Who do we share your information with?
We only share personal data where the law specifically allows it or we have a legal obligation (e.g. a court order) to do so. When we share your personal data, we will always do so in line with data protection legislation.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes of responding to your queries / feedback contained within the contact form on the Knowsley Knowledge website, or subsequent follow up direct email communications
- you are subscribed to any email alerts.
You will not receive marketing communication through the Knowsley Knowledge website unless you have given us your explicit consent to receive them. You will always be able to opt out of these communications at any point once you have subscribed. This will be clearly marked at the bottom of any emails with the option to ‘unsubscribe’.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice. This privacy notice was last updated on the 11th February 2020.